Penninghame House operates an energy efficient policy and we are continually working towards improving our environmental footprint.
- The main heating systems are (2 x 40Kw) total 80 kw ground source heat pump systems and four independent air source heat pumps total (14Kw).
- When replacing white goods such as fridges and freezers, we aim to replace with ‘A’ rated products .
- Wherever possible we use low energy or low voltage light bulbs
- Encourage the use of public transport by providing lifts to and from transport hubs .
- Where appropriate waste food is fed to the birds or composted.
- We use email as much as possible but when paper is used it is recycled.
- Our business stationary is recycled paper.
- We are continually researching alternative energy sources.
- We grow most of our own fruit and vegetables in our organic garden.