- Volunteer Work
Penninghame House offers the possibility of volunteer placements, who can work in the House and on the Estate, learning new skills.
Volunteer Policy is listed below for your information. If you are interested and have any questions, please get in touch with the office.
Qualities Penninghame House would value in a volunteer
- Working flexibility in types of work and timings
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality
- Physically and emotionally capable of performing a variety of tasks
- Willing to work 30 hours per week
What Penninghame House would offer to a volunteer
- Shared, comfortable accommodation
- Opportunities to be educated in the principles and execution of modern macrobiotic cooking
- Internet café
- Access to the Estate’s car
- Fully equipped gymnasium and steam room/sauna facilities (limited)
- Access to bicycles to explore the surrounding countryside
- Opportunity to attend some programme lectures during spare time
- Library of educational and entertaining books and DVDs
- The opportunity to be in a beautiful rural environment with easy access to local hillwalking, country paths and coastal environs
Cleaning plays a major role in the functioning of Penninghame Foundation and volunteers will be expected to be as committed in this aspect of work as in any other.
- General kitchen duties
- Walled gardening
- Ground maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Administrative tasks
Tasks and the weighting of tasks will be dependent on personal aptitudes and skills. Other tasks, not listed, may be required, dependent on circumstance and resource demand.
Communal areas are provided with television as well as a fully equipped kitchen with laundry facilities.
Volunteers are responsible for keeping personal spaces and common spaces clean and tidy and the surrounding external environs of their accommodation.