- About The Programme
- Is It Right For You?
- Dates and Prices
- How to Apply
Leave the past behind and create the life you want.
Set in the stunning, tranquil grounds of a private Victorian mansion in South West Scotland, the Penninghame Process is a six-day intensive residential course focused on deep, personal, healing work.
This transformational course concentrates on the relationships in your early environment, primarily with your mother and father, and is designed to help people from all walks of life.
We look at releasing the unconscious blockages that stop you creating what you want from life. You will then experience more freedom and joy to live in the present.
This course has evolved over more than sixteen years in order to support individuals to transform their lives. Here at Penninghame, we realise that at a young age, we develop a strategy to survive by only revealing certain parts of ourselves that we believe to be acceptable in order to get the love we need. Because of this, we close off from our true, natural essence and close off our connection to our heart and authentic feelings.
As a part of our family system, we may also carry the burdens of our past generations which then have a negative impact on our own lives as we grow older. Our past is something we cannot change, which is ultimately reflected in our present day lives and our attitudes towards living in general. Even though we can’t change our pasts, we can change how we relate to it.
We all create our own personal protection strategies and forget about what we have hidden below the surface. We keep down many unexpressed feelings from our early childhoods which are physically and psychologically harmful to ourselves and those around us. Most of us then leave school and expect to create a successful life for ourselves, only going on to finding things are not going so well in relationships with ourselves and others. Or, there are particular areas that we struggle with and do not know how to deal with. Here at Penninghame, we will help you learn how to create an abundant, healthy life and a more positive relationship with yourself.
We believe that everything happens for a reason. Therefore, even when negative things happen, they are still meaningful. These traits can only be enhanced through an inner journey, which the Penninghame Process has been specifically developed to provide.
Every obstacle or cause of suffering is a signal that we need to increase our level of maturity, attend to our inner well-being, change our direction in life and grow in self-awareness.
At Penninghame, you will acquire the tools to move on in life with a sense of liberation from the past.
We work on releasing negative, primal emotions and held tensions, adopting social roles and survival strategies to help you find who you really are and what you really want from life.
The course is focused on primal emotions and on rediscovery of the playful and joyous inner being that still exists inside of us, but has all too often been suppressed. This powerful and profound process will help you uncover aspects of your inner self which have been buried beneath years of restraint and unexpressed emotions and will examine subconscious strategies that you use in your everyday life. You will gain new strength both emotionally and physically which will allow you to take responsibility for your own actions and express emotions authentically.
The course uses a variety of creative techniques and exercises, working on victim roles, power issues, anger, guilt, shame, suffering and pain. Techniques include, amongst others: deep self-enquiry, body work, dynamic meditation, Family Constellation Work and individual sessions – all helping to reconnect you to the natural flow of love and bring you back home to yourself.
There are numerous benefits attached to this process. Past participants have described feeling more confident, calmer and ‘in life’. Relationships have improved, people have become better parents and parents as they learned how to take personal responsibility for their own thoughts, feelings and actions and generated self-compassion. Your physical well-being and health is a very important part of the Process too. All our meals are aligned to a Macrobiotic (meaning ‘big life’) diet and prepared and cooked by a specialist Macrobiotic chef -. The food here at Penninghame will energise you, stabilise your blood sugar and promote feelings of wellness and calmness. Many people find at the end of the week that they have lost weight, their skin looks clearer and their eyes shine brighter. You can read more here about the benefits of Macrobiotics:
The Penninghame Process will help you to understand your core life issues and how to address them, opening yourself up to a new life and unleashing the potential within you.
This course will enable you to:
- Understand how things that happen when we are children affect us as adults
- Become aware of the underlying dynamics of your relationships – with your parents, partners, children, friends and colleagues
- Learn what it means to set right your personal relationships – how to leave your past behind, take charge of your life and have fun
- Understand your emotions and experience breaking through these multiple feelings and barriers
- Learn how to release suppressed emotions and destructive emotional patterns
- Get in touch with your authentic self and allow yourself to open up to the potential you have within
- Move from separation and loneliness to inner connectedness
- Experience joy, hope, inspiration, self-confidence, inner freedom, openness and safety
- Trust in yourself and in the higher purpose of your life.
- Become aware of the relationship you have with yourself and how you relate to yourself as a human being.
The Penninghame Process is recommended to people of all ages, cultures, backgrounds and professions.
Whether you come as an individual, as a couple or as part of an organisation, this course can help open life up for you. We also welcome parents with teenage children who want help in developing their relationship with one another.
If any of the following statements ring true with you, you will benefit from attending a Penninghame Process.
- I want to break free from destructive and dysfunctional emotional relationships and behaviours
- I have early childhood wounds and traumas in the past that I want to heal and move away from
- I feel stuck in a rut, like the same cycle of issues keep showing up in my life
- I want to escape my insecurities, loneliness and low self-esteem
- I feel the need to start afresh and start to live my full potential as a human being
- I often feel lost and lack motivation for life
- I am tired of the emotional rollercoaster that I seem to be permanently riding
- I want to improve my relationships – intimate, family, social and at work, but I don’t know how
- I feel like a victim of my past
- I struggle to connect with people or struggle with intimacy or physical relationships
- I work with children and/or plan to have children of my own and want to be able to give them the best start I can in life
- I simply want to lead a more joyful, fulfilling and creative life.
Next course dates: arrive Saturday 10th September for Registration & Welcome Dinner – 6.30/7 pm. Course ends Friday 16 September – approx 6.30 pm. Stay overnight to travel home on Saturday 17 September 2016 after breakfast. The course fee is *£1,595 per person, fully inclusive of all course content, accommodation and meals.
*Bursaries may be available for those who qualify subject to availability. For a guide, eligibility is for those who are claiming benefits or earning under £12,000 per year. However, this is not exclusive -please contact Lynn for more details
Saturday 10 September – Friday 16 September
Saturday 26 November – Friday 3 December
Saturday 4 – Friday 10 February
Saturday 22 – Friday 28 April
Saturday 16 – Friday 22 September
Saturday 18 – Friday 24 November
How to Apply
We have a supported application process which is a fundamental part of the Penninghame course. Once you have registered your interest and booked your place on the course with Lynn, she will then guide you through our application process.
Please contact Lynn Taylor at Lynn@penninghame.org or phone her on 01671 401414.